Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ramshackle at The Sando, March 23

Finally! It's been like 7 months but finally I've gotten to see my boys play. And the best bit is, this gig was for a band comp (The Inner West Festival- despite the fact none of them live there) and they got through to the semi finals which means there'll be more in about two weeks! *cheers*




As much as i like the effect of the occassional under exposed shot I really need a brighter lens. The noise when theres not enough light is killing me! Of course, a better camera would be ideal but I'm not in the financial position to buy... well anything right now so lenses seem a much more realistic aspiration. Something with f1:1.2 would make my life.


And if the DoF is this narrow with a 1.8, just imagine a 1.2!



I used my wide angle for a few shots, to save from changing lenses between filming. I really like the length of it, because I'm not used to getting full body shots but of course it was a challenge getting my shutter fast enough. I don't mind the odd blurred shot.




The final band of the night, the Ravenous Rabbits, had all of their fans wearing bunny ears. It was actually a little bit creepy to walk into that room.


Expect more pics soon! I'm shooting a gig for Marlow, and probably a few other bands, on Saturday and the Ramshackle again the Wednesday after so there's plenty on it's way!


-mb

No comments:

Post a Comment