Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Beginnings

Ok, despite my facebook page being excellent, it isn't exactly business card-able so I've made a second blog for the purpose of self-marketing (god I AM a sales person...)
Anyway, It'll take me a bit to set it up and get all of the photos onto it, but here is my first post!

What's happening with my photography lately?
Should have another Ramshackle gig shoot next saturday, as well as a portrait shoot next month. I'm hoping to improve on the last one with a little more creativity and risk taking, if the boys will go for an artisitic shoot this early on. I'm also hoping the boys will be a bit more comfortable and therefore bring a little more excitement to the shots. I'm working on a few ideas for story, styling and location and it should go well, judging by the last one!
Also next month, I should be doing a PAID portrait shoot for a brand new exciting band, A Surreal Existance. They have limited time and funds, being highschool/uni students so we have to find a date that works for everyone. I'm going to try and get this one in after the RS shoot, so I have a bit more experience behind me.
As well as this, I'm waiting to hear from The Dread Sky, a band who shared the Landsdowne stage with Ramshackle on Sunday night. One of the members was watching Derek's LCD screen over my shoulder and liked the look of my shots so got me to show him and the rest of the band. So next time they have a gig around Sydney, they should ring me and book me to do the photos for it! Hoorah!

Also really want to get started on street style photos. Probably to go on my personal blog but it's a little hard when currently my only camera is a bit large to carry around in the chance I might be inspired by someone's outfit. And it's another thing that I'll need business cards for.

All work to be done. Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your work! AND I'm like your first follower! Huraaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you're coming to Europe, you should come visit Belgium ! ;)

    ReplyDelete